Providing musical services for the Bay Area, Sonoma Vally, Napa Vally, and beyond.
For 2016, Baer's Music Service will begin to expand into a collaborative of teachers in the Bay Area. The teachers know each other well and often perform together. Because of their close relationships, some of the material is common between students. This can allow for small groups to get together and have a similar language and understanding. This also allows for subsititute teachers every so often.
All teachers are independent contractors.
Interested in teaching with Baer's Music Service? Click Here.
Joe is the owner and operator of Baer's Music Service LLC. He is a full time teacher and more info can be found on the about page.
• Berklee College of Music, Professional Music
• Recordings on Lugnut Brand Records (CA), Funk Night Records (MI), and Old Tom Foolery Records (his own label)
• Has peformed thousands of shows in the styles of rock, blues, jazz, reggae, folk, country, pop, and more
• Writings published in Cape Cod College's annual journal on music education and jazz's influence on combating racism
• Studied child psychology and educational development at Charter Oak State College
• One of the youngest faculty members of the Cape Cod Conservatory of Art & Music
Monday through Friday
Berkeley, Oakland, Pleasanton Areas
Guitar (Beginner to Lower Advanced)
Piano, Bass, Drums (Beginner to Lower Intermediate)
Ukulele (Beginner to Intermediate)
Tony is known through the Bay Area as the leader of the local jazz group The Hexaphonics. Tony is skilled in composing are arranging music for small groups and large, in classic modern styles. On the side, Tony performs at weddings and functions and fills in for various groups. Tony is also a wonderful visual artist and works in arcitecture.
• Bandleader of The Hexaphonics
• Teaches pop, rock, jazz, blues, fusion, and more
• Teaches basic classical skills for a strong foundation
• Skilled in composition and theory
Saturdays and sundays
Piano (Beginner to Intermediate)
Mike plays with a wide array of musicians in the genres of dance, rock, jazz, soul, R&B, electronica, avant-garde, and more. From small clubs to sold-out shows at venues like the Great American Music Hall, Mike's experience as a player is far reaching and ever expanding.
Mike's been teaching since 1999 and is currently expanding his student roster. Passing on techniques and lessons that he's aquired from his teachers, he strives to explain things with an open mind and tailor the lesson to every student's needs.
• Professional drummer that has played with touring bands
• Teaches jazz, rock, blues, funk, soul, and most other contemorary styles.
• Experience recording in digital and analog formats
• Experience with acoustic and synth drums
Saturday and Sundays
Oakland and Berkeley areas
Drums (Beginner to Intermediate)